THIS IS HOW
I MADE IT
Get to know your coach!
I graduated with a Bachelor of Kinesiology Degree from Vancouver Island University (VIU) in 2022. I am also a certified personal trainer through the Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology (CSEP-CPT). I have a very athletic background, playing almost every sport; baseball, soccer, basketball, volleyball, hockey, etc. I’ve now transitioned to weightlifting and specialize in powerlifting/bodybuilding style training (gaining strength, increasing muscle mass, and improving physique).
My journey started when I was 17 years old. I was always a skinny kid and felt obligated to make a change. I struggled with anxiety and body dysmorphia; I had a hard time putting on weight and I was constantly comparing myself to others. I had an unhealthy relationship with food (eating anything and everything) and I wasn't happy with the way I felt. I learned to trust the process and treat my body as an investment of lifelong health.
Once I understood the importance of building muscle and gaining strength, I was hooked. However, it is easy to get carried away and start adding fat to your frame... The next phase of my journey was learning how to properly lose fat while maintaining muscle. I took my time to learn what was right for me, and I found myself successful in my weight loss journey.
• Bachelor of Kinesiology degree
• Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology - Certified Personal Trainer (CSEP-CPT)
• NCCP Fundamental Movement Skills
• NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability
• Standard First Aid - CPR Level C with AED
Relevant courses taken through Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo (Bachelor of Kinesiology) & Victoria University, Melbourne (Bachelor of Exercise Science):
• Fitness & Conditioning
• Strength & Conditioning
• Advanced Training & Conditioning
• Advanced Resistance Training
• Exercise & Sport Psychology
• Physical Growth and Motor Development
• Dynamics of Motor Skills Acquisition
• Human Anatomy
• Intro to Human Physiology II
• Advanced Exercise Physiology
• Contemporary Psychology
• Injury Management of Physical Activity
• Nutrition for Health and Sport
• Applied Exercise Physiology and Prescription
• Human Wellness
• Psycho-Social Aspects of Physical Activity
• Health of the Human Spirit
• Active and Healthy Aging
• Applied Leadership in Physical Activity
• Active Health